Search My Stuffz

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Valentine's Day



"Heidi do you celebrate Valentine's Day?", "Hey Heidi what are you getting your guy for Hump Day?", "Girl I need ideas, I have no idea what to get my man for V Day?!?!?!"

People it's that time of the year again, 'Merry-happy-I love you too-Day' is coming up in 9 days to be exact and all I see is a bunch of people driving themselves nuts over it. This got me thinking about something I truly felt nearly all my life. I don't mean to be a "bummer" when it comes to this and I surely don't try to, but I have to admit that I find it disappointing when I hear many people need a designated day to show their partner affection.

I love Valentine's Day and I think it's a nice thing to celebrate Lurve, don't get me wrong, I just don't believe that it should be the only day you do something special for your special someone. In all honesty, what would that show about one's feelings?!

Here's the mind-set I usually see around friends, family and acquaintances:

"CRAP!! Valentine's Day is coming up, I have to think of something to do before I get bitched at for not doing anything!!!" ... "HOLY F**KING SH**!!!! It's Valentine's Day already?!?!" ... "Valentine's Day...Greeeaaaat...Well lets go get the wife a gift so she shuts up until her birthday/our anniversary/etc."

^ This is what I'm talking about!! Isn't this something that should be going on every day?! Doing at least something small, a little something special, to make your partner smile?! To let them know you missed them, while you were out or that you were thinking of them?! I'm telling you folks, if I knew someone is just getting me a gift to shut me up and not because they actually meant it, or got it with a nice thought (don't care what occasion it is) it would mean nothing...Sure "Thanks for the gift", not saying I'd be impolite, but it's saddening and disappointing to say the least. I just think it should bare some meaning!

Loving one's partner is not a responsibility, it's not a chore...and it's definitely not something you should be viewing as such, let alone treat it as such by showing emotions once or twice a year, in my opinion. I don't think that's love and I furthermore don't think that's a very happy and fulfilling relationship. Can't be too healthy either.

I enjoy Valentine's Day, I always make sure to do something nice for my partner, but it's not out of the ordinary, because I am always doing something nice for la Manz. I love him and I don't even want to just show this once or twice a year, I want to do this whenever I can, which is every day.

So here's to You baby. I love you not only once a year, but 365 days all around the damn thing ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment