Search My Stuffz

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Myths and Rumors about Islam!

Hey Hey Hey!
I was saying last blog time around, once a week, I was going to bust an Islamic bad rumor going about. It seems like nowadays Islam is one of the most misunderstood religions thanks to effing Media and I personally don't like it when people are living in lies. I'm not saying it's for everyone, but if I hear "It's a Sexist religion!" one more time I think I'm going to scream.
Also may I point out, this is coming from a woman who happens to NOT be Muslim, should show you guys I have no reason to defend something, just because it's my own. I simply am a follower of truth and the truth about this religion seems to have "gone under" somewhere between Iraq and 9/11...So lets set some things straight shall we?! Speaking of Media...

Week 1
"Muslim Husbands are legally allowed to have Sex with their dead Wives 
up to 6 hours after death"

This completely misconstrued and fucking horrific Rumor has nothing to do with Islam. Again people:
HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ISLAM!!!
This rumor is based on a news article that was published in an Egyptian newspaper. The journalist had claimed that the parliament, which mostly consisted of members of the Muslim Brotherhood at the time, was discussing plans on passing a law making it legal for Husbands to engage in sexual intercourse with their deceased spouses. This rumor went viral ending up in several newspapers around the world, causing a bad hear say towards Islam itself. Even though this was never discussed by the Egyptian parliament and no such law was ever passed, not even publicly spoken of, I find it hilarious that ONE rumor about ONE Arabic speaking country gets so drug out to where millions of people believe it is actually the religion allowing this. It has nothing to do with Muslims, it just happened to go down in a country where the majority of folk follows this specific religion. Long story short some crackpot decided to be a douche.

Further more I would like to state that not one page in the Quaran states this, NOT one. I will reassure you all, if you take that book into your hands this minute and read page for page you will not find any sort of statement. Also here are some links to articles that clear this matter up, stating that the original article, claiming this madness, is indeed fake, DailyMail and CSMonitor
Take it easy guys and 'til next time!

      Islam Style

No comments:

Post a Comment